Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometers north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse.
Minto is looking to build its workforce and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking a Mill Labourer for a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two-week on/two-week off rotation.
- Ensuring own Health & Safety as well as that of all other workers, identifying and maintaining safe work practices and completing all required safety training
- Work cooperatively as a member of the Operations Team
- Regularly inspect all-inclusive areas for defects and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Equipment clean-up, small and medium equipment operation
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Perform other duties to assist as assigned
- Promote teamwork, cross-cultural relations, and understanding
- Maintain a daily log of activities and system logs as required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor which may include duties and labour outside the Mill.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations, and residents of Yukon Territory.
APPLY TO MINTO
To apply for this position, complete the application form below and upload your resume and cover letter.